Thursday, April 2, 2009

Let the poking commence!

I haven't been sleeping all that well, so forgive me for the dumb title.

I was scanned yesterday and the cyst is gone! So, I began the Gonal F injections last night. They also did a blood draw yesterday - I think to get my baseline E2 and FSH numbers. I'll have to go for 3 appointments next week to be monitored. They'll measure the E2 each time as well as do scans. This will allow them to keep close track of how I'm responding to the meds and adjust my dosage if necessary. I believe my last shot will be on Good Friday. Then if all looks good, I should do the trigger shot that day and ovulate sometime on Easter Sunday.

That is kind of a neat thought, should this cycle be successful. :)

The Gonal F shot hurt worse than the trigger shot, but it did not leave a bruise and I have minimal soreness today, which is great. I think I could inject the same site again tonight if had to, but I am going to move them around a bit. From what I understand, I'll get better absorption if I change the injection site each time.

I'm glad to finally be doing something again, but I am also nervous. Since I know this is basically our last option, I worry about my disappointment level if it doesn't work. And I do realize the odds are not in our favor. At the same time, I am glad to be close to an answer, either way.

My writing is not very interesting these days, but at this point I am tired and just trying to get everything documented.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm so glad that the cyst is gone! I go back on Good Friday as well. I may take the trigger then, too. We could be pregnant buddies. :)

Melanie said...

Now that would be super cool!

The Workman Family said...

Yay for no cyst!!!