Friday, February 29, 2008

Update: Today's RE Appointment

I seem to be getting a lot of good news from Dr. Dunn lately!

Much to my surprise, my lining measures 7mm. That is quite an increase from the 3mm that it was measuring only 4 months ago pre-surgery. Dr. Dunn told me that if we were in the middle of an IVF cycle, this would be sufficient and he would not cancel the cycle. He said something about being able to see 3 layers (which is good). I didn't catch all of that, but it is a good thing!

I also have one mature follicle on the right side, which is great since that is the best tube. It was measuring 19. We were instructed to continue using the ovulation predictor kit (OPK) and have intercourse on the day of my LH surge and the day after. My test yesterday was negative, but today's is coming up positive, so we have to get down to business! I can't believe my mom is going to read this...sorry mom!

Dr. Dunn wants us to continue to try on our own with the OPKs and charting for 3 cycles. At that point, if we are not pregnant yet he wants Jamie to do a semen analysis. He sent us home with the "kit" and instructions just in case. I think Jamie is really hoping it does not come down to that! So am I.

6 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

OK... here is hoping that we are able to "seal the deal." That was a pretty large and intimidating cup Dr.Dunn sent home with us. Got 3 months to get our game face on!
heart you!

Melanie said...

What was really funny was that you made me carry it out to the car. LOL

Heidi said...

Good luck! That is great news!

Maggie said...

Hahah... I am soooooo familiar with said cup. Ryan made me deliever it to the dr becasue he didn't want to lol :)
Good luck ya'll.... I know you won't need it though!

K said...

So glad that you got good news! Stay positive!