Monday, January 5, 2009

Medicated Cycle #4

I was able to get in for a scan today, but could not see Dr. Dunn. His nurse talked to him about me, and he gave her instructions for me.

CD 3-7 5mg Femara
CD 8-13 2.5mg Estradiol
CD 13 Mid-cycle Scan

I'll need the trigger shot again this time. This means I jump right in with Femara starting today and will go in for the scan on Jan 15. She said if my follicles are mature on the 15th, she'll instruct me to do the trigger shot that day. If not, we'll continue the Estrogen for another day or 2 and then do the shot. Judging from past reactions to the meds, I am going to guess that I'll be good to trigger on the 15th. So, we should know something by the end of the month.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

bummer that you couldn't get in, but I'm glad that they were able to give you a game plan. (My RE won't let me do meds unless I come in for a scan...)

I'll be thinking of you! I think we're about a week apart in cycle days. Though, i normally O later, so we could be in the 2WW together.

Unknown said...

Good luck!

Melanie said...

Tracy - They did do a scan...I just didn't see the dr. The nurse took care of me. :)