Sunday, December 2, 2007

Surgery Pics

Okay, I finally got around to playing with my camera, and I think I actually was able to edit these and make them look decent. I think these pictures are amazing. It's remarkable what doctors can do these days and the precision of the tiny tools they use is hard to believe.

This is my liver. It has nothing to do with my Asherman's, but I thought it was a really pretty liver, so I am sharing! I was pleased to see that it survived my college years unharmed (kidding...sort of...). Hey, you have to keep a good sense of humor!



This next shot is my appendix (I think):



And now to the good stuff - here is my right fallopian tube opening as seen from the inside of my uterus. It's a really nice, open tube! You can also see some of the healthy endometrium. It appears as the red area. The white areas are scar tissue and/or areas where the endometrium has never grown back. In a perfectly healthy uterus, you would see that reddish lining all over.


In contrast to the right side, this next photo is a picture of the left side. You can see the tube opening, but it is quite blocked by a lot of scar tissue. Also, you can tell that there is basically no healthy endometrium on this side in contrast to what you see on the right side.



Obviously the right side is much better looking than the left.

Here is a picture of one of my fallopian tubes from the outside. It's hard to see, but you can see a dark spot at the bottom of the tube. This spot is where the dye ran through and spilled out from the other side...this is a great sign, because it means that the tube is not obstructed. Dr. Dunn got the same result on both sides, so we know that left tube is open even though it looks pretty bad in the picture.


When all was said and done, all of the scar tissue was removed. It seems hard to believe that is possible! I still look at these pictures in amazement at what can be accomplished in this day and age. Hopefully that little bit of healthy lining has been thriving on the estrogen and has multiplied and spread throughout the cavity over the last few weeks.

I only have 4 more days on the estrogen left...and then we shall see...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie-- those pictures are amazing!! You have a beautiful liver LOL Its amazing to see the healthy lining vs. the scar tissue. I am so thrilled that your doctor was able to remove all of that scar tissue. I will send lots of P&PT that the estrogen did the trick!

Ashley said...

Wow, that really was amazing to see. Im really happy that they were able to remove all of the scar tissue. Only 4 more days on the estrogen, YA! I'm keeping you in my prayers and cant wait to see what happens from here. I just know, in Gods hands, it'll all work out for you. :)

Maggie said...

Wow.. Just.. Wow Mellie~ That is one sexy liver you know! 4 more days...... :) Just keep swimming!

Melanie said...

Sexy liver! Haaa! You crack me up! :-)

ツ αngie said...

cool pics!