Tuesday, November 27, 2007

That was encouraging...I think...

**Warning: This post contains a little bit of "TMI". If you don't want any details or get grossed out by talk of blood, you might want to skip it! I've had a baby, so just about nothing can gross me out anymore.**

It's funny how the timing of things works out sometimes. When we were in Dr. Dunn's office he was saying that I might experience a little bit of breakthrough bleeding while on the estrogen. I assured him that I hadn't had any bleeding at all since 3 days after surgery. I asked him if I could expect to see any withdrawl bleeding when I discontinue the estrogen. He said maybe, and if I did, he would take that as a good sign. But he also said that I might not, and that was not necessarily a bad sign either. Gee that is helpful! Doesn't he know I need something to obsess over??

Anyway, of course the very next day I started to have bleeding (that is what I get for insisting that I didn't have any). I got all excited - strange, I know. You would be amazed at the things that make me happy these days. But this was bleeding that is comparable to a *normal* period...something that I haven't had since Elise was conceived. Actual healthy, red bleeding instead of just brown spotting here and there. I needed a tampon! It's been YEARS. It lasted for 3 days and went away. So, I am thinking that might be a good sign! There must be substantially more lining now than I had before...right?? It's driving me nuts to have no idea what is going on in there. I can't envision a scenario where bleeding would be a bad thing, though (as long as it's not hemorrhaging, of course), given that a lack of bleeding was the main symptom that led me to get tested in the first place.

In other news, the estrogen is still kicking my butt. But don't feel sorry for me...you should direct all sympathy towards Jamie!

I wanted to try to post some of the pics from surgery here, but I don't have access to a scanner. I might try to take a picture of a picture and see if the quality is good enough to share here. If this post grossed you out, you definitely will want to miss that one!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Melanie-- I'm so happy that you had a normal period! That is amazing! I'd love to see pics of your surgery. I was fascinated with the pictures from my surgery!