Saturday, November 10, 2007

Feeling better

I woke up this morning feeling considerably better than I did last night. It's a huge relief. I think the worst is over. It's a good thing too, because I hate not being able to help more around the house. Poor Jamie was out until nearly 11:00pm last night coaching the last football game of the season. We got to bed around midnight, and Elise was up bright and early at 6:30am today. She is still adjusting to the time change and has been waking early all week. Jamie got up so quickly that I didn't even hear her. I woke up around 10:00am. I can tell that he is completely exhausted and I feel so guilty! I am able to be up a lot more today, so I told him that once Elise goes down for her nap later, I will take the baby monitor into the living room and chill on the couch and he can get at least a 2 hour nap.

He has been keeping her entertained all morning. They were coloring pictures when I got up. I don't know how he was able to keep her so quiet all morning! I got up and ate so I could take my estrogen pill, and now I am sitting up in bed with Elise beside me watching a Diego video. I miss her so much! I haven't been able to actively care for her since Wednesday. I'm glad that she's willing to sit with me for a while this morning.

I was just thinking this morning that without such a supportive partner there is no way I could have done this. I am reminded constantly of how wonderful Jamie is, and I am so incredibly thankful for him. Just knowing that he is 100% committed to this journey with me makes such a huge difference. I don't have to do this on my own. Of course, my family and friends have been wonderful support as well.

When we sit down to Thanksgiving dinner in less than 2 weeks, I will have no trouble identifying what I am thankful for this year.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Playing with Elise is the easiest part of our journey my heart... Elise is much like her mother, orders are given and everyone is happy if they get followed (ha ha...kidding!) I love you both! MOM and DAD have been a huge help in all of this... both will not leave your side until they are 100% positive all is OK. What a wonderfull feeling to be loved like that.

ツ αngie said...

Melanie- I just saw in your timeline that you put Elise's birth year as 2007. oops!!

Glad you are feeling better today *hugs*

Thinking of you!

Angie

Melanie said...

Oh gosh! It is pretty obvious that I did that while under the influence of Tylenol 3, huh?? LOL Fixed it!

NesrstaFamily said...

What a great Dad! This blog puts things into perspective for me as well. I think I will hold my kid a little tighter from now on. Thanks.